This modified 2017 Audi RS 7 Performance has been upgraded thoughtfully and with the greatest care, particularly emphasizing the reduction of engine bay and combustion temperatures while enhancing power and retaining a tastefully near-stock appearance.
The car was ordered by the seller in May 2016 as one of the first 2017 models to be produced at Audi Sport GmbH’s famed Neckarsulm, Germany facility, reserved primarily for the production of R and RS models. The seller took delivery of the car in October 2016 and remains the sole owner. The odometer shows fewer than 23,500 miles.
The power plant is a 4.0L TFSI twin-turbo V8 with twin-scroll turbochargers and reverse-flow heads. In its stock configuration, the engine produced 605 hp / 516 lb-ft (553 lb-ft in overboost). The power plant is mated to an 8-speed Tiptronic transmission, the only available option for this car. Stock acceleration (0-60 mph) was 3.3 seconds according to Road & Track with an electronically limited top speed of 190 mph.
Additional options include a $4,900 Bang and Olufsen Advanced Sound System, a $3,000 black alcantara headliner and a $2,450 Driver Assistance Package which adds adaptive cruise control, pre-sense collision warning system, active lane keeping assist, automatic high beams, and a full corner view camera system.
The car is finished in gorgeous Sepang Blue pearl effect, a rare and upgraded color option. In addition, the Audi RS 7 Performance Design Selection package was chosen, which includes leather and alcantara RS sport seats with Mercato Blue stitching throughout the interior. The package also includes the inlay of blue twill into all of the extensive interior carbon fiber components. Together with the exterior color, the blue accents throughout the interior make for a nicely appointed and complementary appearance package. To enhance the appearance at night or in dimly lit parking garages, lighted door sills can be found in all four doorways, and down-lights under the front doors cast the Audi rings onto the ground.
The RS 7 Performance is equipped with DRC (Dynamic Ride Control), an electronically controlled hydraulic suspension system, replacing the air suspension in lesser models. It also comes with carbon ceramic brakes at all four corners, and 21” wheels are the only available size to house the massive rotors and calipers.
With respect to modifications, 100% were completed at Apex Automotive in Addison, Texas by the Apex Performance and Apex Detail Divisions.
Those updates include:
• Aquamist direct injection methanol kit running 100% pure methanol with the methanol tank installed in the trunk and a custom billet gauge installed in the passenger cup holder indicating system status, boost level and low tank level warning
• APR Stage 2 engine tune programmed with 4 settings: stock, 93 octane with test pipe, 100 octane with test pipe and 104 octane with test pipe
• APR Transmission Control Unit tune
• Custom Roc-Euro cold air intake powder coated in body-matching Sepang Blue with dual filter elements
• Milltek downpipes and high-flow 200 CEL catalytic converters
• Custom-built lambda leads to retain rear O2 sensor inputs into the ECU
• ECS Tuning wheel spacers to eliminate the snow chain gap required by law in Germany
• KW height adjustable coil over spring kit with the vehicle lowered approximately ¼” - ½” while retaining the factory damping system
• Fully integrated K40 Radar/Laser System with remote kill and discreet steering column mounted blue LED indicators
• Full blackout of all remaining chrome emblems and trim components
• Power coated wheels in Prismatic Powders gloss black to eliminate the polished aluminum accents on the stock wheels
• Apex level 1 paint correction prior to application of XPEL Ultimate Plus clear vinyl wrap on all exterior surfaces except the roof and upper rear quarter panels
• Apex Ceramic Pro coating applied to the entire exterior surface, wheels and key fob remotes
• Bray front windshield protective film
• Apex Hüper Optik window film service pack
Over $30,000 has been invested in aftermarket components, installation and testing. The technicians at Apex Performance spent a great deal of time coordinating with the engineers and technicians at APR to ensure tune settings were optimized and the car was never pushed to unsafe limits throughout the extensive testing phase. The methanol boost is set to mirror a combustion profile of 104 octane fuel (while running high quality 93 octane gasoline), but the seller has run the tune under the 100 octane program to ensure operations are well within safe parameters. The vehicle has not been put on an AWD dyno since all upgrades were completed, but APR indicates that the 100 octane program produces a much more impressive low-RPM torque curve topping out at 793 lb-ft and achieving 761 hp.
Although highly modified, the vehicle remains in the Audi warranty system and the balance of its factory warranty is intact. The seller has maintained a close relationship with the service department at Audi Dallas where all service work has been performed. Although the full 10,000 mile and 20,000 mile services were completed by the dealership, the ECU has never been connected to dealership computers and no TD1 code exists in the warranty system. However, any serious issue related to the powertrain would require such a connection and would void the remaining warranty. Non-powertrain related warranty items have continued to be addressed promptly and without question by the dealership.
4 new tires (OEM Continental Sport) were installed on December 28, 2018 when the odometer read 19,564.
The seller purchased the $1,179 Audi Care Scheduled Maintenance plan. The 30,000 mile, 40,000 mile, and very extensive 50,000 mile services are all covered under this plan and will save the buyer thousands in maintenance costs. Audi Care remains VIN specific and is therefore fully transferrable. The modifications to the vehicle do not impact Audi Care whatsoever.
The seller is not aware of any cosmetic blemishes in the paint and the wheels have absolutely no curb rash. There are minor bubbles and/or trapped particles under the XPEL coating, but these are merely trapped under the vinyl and there should be absolutely no blemishes in the paint itself.